Friday, January 9, 2009

My First Tag!!


I was innocently browsing around my friends' blogs this afternoon, and I happened upon Anne's. Imagine my excitement when I discovered that she had tagged me!!! Okay...maybe I am just a little bit TOO excited about this, but it is my first tag...give me a break. :D

So here are the rules to this little tag:

1. Choose the 4th folder where you store pictures on your computer.
2. Select the 4th picture in the folder.
3. Explain the picture.
4. Tag four people to do the same.
5. No cheating (cropping, editing, etc.)


Okay...nothing is ever simple for me. The 4th folder in my picture file actually has 2 folders inside the folder instead of just being a folder filled with pictures. So this is the 4th picture inside the 1st folder, which is inside the 4th folder of my picture file. Hmmm...wow...now that I completely confused everybody, I'll continue on!!! Hope I didn't break any of the rules on my first tag!! :D

This is a little boy named Nathaniel, one of toddlers I had while I worked at the daycare. I believe this picture was taken during afternoon snack time. He seems to be enjoying his animal crackers! Nathaniel had just started coming about a month before I left, so I really don't have many memories of him, except I am pretty sure he was one of our biters. :( You wouldn't know by looking at that innocent face, would you?! :D Oh, but does this picture bring back memories!!! Sitting 12 one-year olds in these bucket seat tables every day for breakfast, morning snack, lunch, and then afternoon snack was definitely a process! Of course, then there were also the messy activities we did with them at these tables. Oh yes...I now am getting sidetracked with daycare memories. I just have to share this one picture so you understand better some of the craziness I endured every day. The head teacher and I were not afraid to do messy activities with these children. However, clean-up time was NOT fun!!

Here is one of my favorite pictures of Elena enjoying her chocolate ice cream (it was supposed to be a sensory activity!).

Just imagine cleaning up 12 of these chocolate-covered babies!!

Well, I was a bit sidetracked with the whole daycare memory thing, but let me get back to the purpose of this blog entry....

I am now supposed to "tag" people...oh the joys! Don't worry, ladies...I don't have high expectations like some people I know :D...I just have to follow the rules!

1. Amanda
2. Rachel H.
3. Alison
4. Elizabeth - wait a second...I can't tag her.....SHE DOESN'T HAVE A BLOG!! Oh, well, maybe this *tagging* will be an inspiration for her to start one! (Sorry, Lizzie I couldn't resist!! :D...I am sure I will hear about this later....*shudder*)

1 comment:

No No Nanette said...

I worked as a nanny and enjoyed it, but I do not think I would ever be happy working at a daycare. Just too many babies.

And the chocolate babies - what was the teacher thinking?