Monday, January 12, 2009

Crunchy Snowballs


Today my kiddos and I made "Crunchy Snowballs" for our afternoon activity.

~Ingredients~

6 c. of Crispy Rice cereal (better known as Rice Krispies ;-))


1 - 1o oz. bag of marshmallows

1/4 c. butter

1. Melt the marshmallows and 1/4 c. of butter in the microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes. Stir halfway through.


2. Stir the ooey gooey mixture into the crispy rice cereal bowl.


3. Form "snowballs" once the ingredients are thorougly mixed together.

(However, wait a couple of minutes before you try forming the balls, or you will end up like my kiddos did - with sticky, messy hands!)


4. After a "snowball" is formed, drop it in a bag of powdered sugar and SHAKE the bag vigorously until the snowball is covered!! (Make sure the bag is sealed nice and tight or there will be powdered sugar flying everywhere!!)



The finished products!

5. Enjoy a sample of one of your "crunchy snowballs" after you are done.

6. Put the rest in individual containers to take home.

7. Clean up mess on table.

8. Clean up powdered-sugar-covered children.

I always plan this activities, but I never think about the mess I will have to clean up afterwards! Can you tell that Joshua and Abbi thoroughly enjoyed their "snowball" experience?! (Obviously, their shirts did too! Thankfully, I discovered that powdered sugar wipes off easily with a wet washcloth!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks tasty!

Did you get to take any home? :)

Becky said...

Nope :) Actually, I didn't even get to taste them! I was a bit preoccupied with clean-up. ;-) Hope they were good! :P