Saturday, January 17, 2009

Garlic Knots


Because of some of the comments I received about the garlic knots I made the other day, I thought I would post the recipe on here! My Mom just happened to be making a double batch of them this morning (she obviously liked them!) so I thought it would be neat to have pictures along with the recipe. Mom was sweet enough to tolerate me stopping her every few minutes to snap a picture of what she was doing. :)

Ingredients:


1 pound frozen white bread dough, thawed (it's best to thaw the dough, wrapped, in the refrigerator overnight.)



1 egg white beaten with 1 tablespoon water


1/3 cup dried parsley (The actual name of this recipe is Garlic Parsley Knots, but I "tweaked" it a bit and sprinkled Parmesan cheese & Italian seasoning on instead - you can add whatever you want! :))




3/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided

2 tablespoons butter, melted



1. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray. Place bread dough in large oiled bowl; cover with plastic wrap. Let dough rise until double in size, about 45 minutes. Turn out onto lightly floured surface and roll into 12-inch square that is 1/4 inch thick.



2. Brush dough with egg white mixture and sprinkle with parsley (or other toppings) and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.



3. Fold dough in half to enclose the garlic filling. Pinch edges together to seal.


4. Cut crosswise with sharp knife into 1-inch-wide strips.

5. Pick up each strip and stretch slightly, then tie into a knot.


6. Place on the prepared baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size, 45 - 60 minutes.


7. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake until golden, about 12 minutes.

8. Mix remaining garlic powder with melted butter; brush over hot rolls. Serve warm.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm these really look amazing! I am going to try them after I get to the grocery store. I will let you know how it goes!!!! =)