Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Just Like Old Times...Almost


Today, I was asked to keep the first graders with me throughout the morning because the icy weather had prevented their teacher from making it to school. It was special time for me because these first graders happen to be some of my Kindergarten graduates from last year! They brought their schoolwork with them, and I got some extra desks for them to sit at. I think they had mixed feelings about the whole thing. While they were glad to be back in the classroom with their teacher and do "Kindergarten stuff", I think they felt they were too "mature" to be in this classroom again with the Kindergartners. :) I heard comments such as, "I'm too old for this Kindergarten room" and "These chairs are too small for me now". It was rather amusing that they thought they were sooooo big and mature now that they are in first grade! :) Well, actually, I was just looking back at one of the pictures I have of them in Kindergarten, and its amazing how much they have changed since then. My kiddos are growing up so fast! *sniff, sniff*

However, I think the fact that I let them play a little bit before lunch made them glad to be back in Kindergarten for a day. You can't do stuff like that in first grade, you know!

5 of my 7 students (4 last year, 3 this year)

Left to right: Abbi, Allen, Carina, Joshua, Jordan

No comments: