Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veteran's Day

Today we had a special flag-raising ceremony to honor our veterans on Veteran's Day.

Gathering in front of the flag poles

We had a Marine come to be our special guest today. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of him saluting the flag as we said the Pledge of Allegiance. Every time I see a soldier salute our flag, it just gives me goose bumps!

Praying for our veterans, our soldiers still in combat, and our country.

I love the sight of our flags blowing in the breeze and sunshine!

After our flag-raising ceremony, our special guest talked to the students about his life as a Marine. The students were able to ask him a lot of questions.

Although this doesn't really have anything to do with Veteran's Day, I was admiring these trees while out at recess, and decided to take a picture. :) The autumn beauty is quickly passing away, (*sniff*) so I wanted to capture one last picture before all these leaves fall to the ground.

3 comments:

Kay said...

Is that picture JUST of elementary? How did attendance drop so much? It seems like so few people... 0_o

Oh, and very cool that there was military present!

Dear Abbi said...

Looks like a nice Veterans Day ceremony!

I remember when those trees and the ones behind them, along the classroom windows were only as tall as the volleyball net.
They used to often interfere with our game...when the nets were over there. I guess this is making me sound very old, huh?

Becky said...

Kay,

Yep...that is the whole school minus a couple of students. I agree it doesn't look like many kids, but they are definitely keeping us busy! :)

Abbi,

Wow! I don't remember having the v-ball nets there...that must have been a LONG time ago :D