Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Roadside America


Today I took my kiddos to Roadside America for a field trip. It is a really neat indoor miniature village about 45 minutes away from our school. The place didn't open till 10:00 so we couldn't leave right away. Of course, I had 3 very excited, very hyper children enter the classroom this morning! We had our normal morning routine - pledges, calendar, Bible verses, and Bible story - and then they worked on a handwriting paper. (yes, Miss Mean Teacher made them do some work today ;-)) After they finished their handwriting, we played this game called Rivers, Roads & Rails. I thought it was a good game to play before this field trip because we were going to be seeing lots of rivers, roads, and rails there!



Having fun connecting their rivers, roads and rails together. :-)


You could just feel the excitement escalate throughout the van when I pulled into Roadside America's parking lot. I was soooo thankful that Mrs. A and her daughter, Brittany, came along with us. Their help and support was definitely appreciated! :D


I wish I could have captured the look of awe on all their faces when they entered the room. Their eyes just got wider and wider! When they discovered that they could press a button and make something move, they were thrilled! They especially enjoyed making the trolleys and the trains move. :)


3 happy students and their teacher posing in front of the miniature village.

Before we left, we had to get a picture in front of the "farmer statues." :)

I think the field trip was a success if the smiles on their faces mean anything!

No comments: