Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My 3 Little Pilgrims


We played some fun Thanksgiving games today.

On each of these turkeys' feathers, there are different pictures that start with a certain letter of the alphabet. The children had to match the letter feathers with the picture feathers.

Notice how sad this Pilgrim is? He is out hunting for turkeys so he can feed the rest of the Pilgrims, but so far he can't find any! Do you think we can help him with this important hunting expedition?!

Do you see any turkeys hiding???

I would show the children a number flashcard, and if they answered correctly, they were able to go "hunt" for turkeys around the classroom, and then place them next to the Pilgrim. :)

Sooooooo...do you think my 3 little pilgrims had a successful hunting expedition??? I doubt any of the other pilgrims will be hungry for a LONG time!! :)

I found this cute file folder game on this website.

The children had to match the different colored turkeys.

Gotta love file folder games!

We then played "Thanksgiving Dominoes" which I found on this website. There are so many fun & FREE printable activities on the Internet for early childhood teachers. I love it!! :)



Our Domino Design :)

It sure has been a fun celebrating Thanksgiving in the Kindergarten classroom these past few weeks! I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving celebration with family and friends tomorrow!

Remember to thank God for His many blessings!!

No comments: