Monday, November 10, 2008

A Sisters' Day Out


Today we had a half day of school because of parent-teacher conferences. Alayna and I decided to go shopping after school was over and take advantage of a free afternoon. Our first stop was the library where we dropped off 2 movies, and got a movie called North & South. My Mom and I have been into those types of movies recently, especially the Jane Austen ones like Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility. Anywhooo....after that, we headed off to good ole' Walmart. There is a Subway inside the Walmart, and by this time we were both starving, so we stopped there first. I had a chicken bacon ranch sub (mmmm!!) I forgot to take my camera inside so I didn't get a picture of the actual thing, but here is a "fake" picture of what its supposed to look like :-) You know that the pictures never look like the real thing!! Just try to imagine this cut in half, without olives, and a little flatter and you got the general idea of what I had!

After we were done shopping at Walmart, we went to the Goodwill nearby. I know not every one likes to shop at thrift stores, but Goodwill is a close friend to my sister and me. We find a lot of shirts and skirts there. :) After Alayna was able to make some thrifty purchases, we headed off for a NEW adventure. I had a gift certificate from last Christmas to get my nails done, and just never had gotten around to it. However, the year expiration was almost up so I knew I had to do something about it soon. I hate doing new things alone, so I dragged my sister along. :-) Once we were situated and the lady started working on my nails, the one guy who works there came over and just started staring at me. He then was like, "I know you from somewhere. You look familiar." At first I was like, Ummmm...go away, I don't know you and you are REALLY making me uncomfortable. He then said, "I am sure I have seen you somewhere in Emmaus. Do you work at the coffee shop there?" Of course, that was a laugh...I was like...nooooooooooooooo. Then it hit me who this guy was. He was the guy who caused my car accident last July! I was like...oh dear...this is awkward. I really didn't want to tell this guy where he knew me from. So I was like....hmmmm....I don't...ummm....know. Well, he walked away, assuring me that he knew for a fact that he knew me from somewhere. How reassuring! So yeah, that was a "flash from the past". If you want to read the story of that wonderful experience, you can read about it here and here. What a small world it really is! Now that I am thinking about it, maybe I should have told him who I was. Maybe he would have given us free service! :) So that made our first "manicure experience" a little unnerving because Alayna had been with me in the car when he hit us. But despite all that, we are still enjoying the results of our first professional French manicures!! We have tried giving ourselves French manicures in the past, but there is nothing like getting it professionally done ;-).

After we got our nails done, we went to another Goodwill before we headed home. We definitely had a fun "sister bonding" time this afternoon! There is nothing like shopping with your lil' sis ;-)



5 comments:

Kay said...

Where'd you get your nails done? I always go to the place in the south mall. Looks like you two had fun :) YAY for half days!

Anonymous said...

sounds like so much fun!! I had an outing with my sister this afternoon, but it involved being late for an appointment and then getting a phone call about going in to work early. Maybe next time we'll do something less stressful and just go shopping! lol

Becky said...

Kay, we went to Lily's Nails in your hometown :D The only reason I went there is because I had a gift certificate :P If I ever decide to get my nails done again, I'll probably check out the one in the mall cause its a lot closer! ;)

Anonymous said...

I love sister time!!! I miss my sisters =( Angi is too far and Ray is always to busy to hang out =(
Treasure your time! You will miss it when it is gone...

Anonymous said...

My goodness, that is SUCH a nice jean jacket...*cough* :P