Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Our Blustery Day Field Trip


Today I took my kiddos to Kalmbach Park for a nature walk.

Pictured from left to right - Joshua, Stephen, Abbi, Leah (Abbi's sister)

As I looked out the window this morning and I saw how windy the day was, I was like...ooooh, dear! What a blustery day for an outside field trip! However, it didn't seem to affect the kids any. :D My brother, Andy, works there, and he was waiting for us when we arrived. He was ready to give us the grand tour.

Where is Mr. Andy taking us???

To the BIG tractor!!!

There were some beautiful fall trees around this area, so the kids spent some time throwing leaves, rolling in the leaves, jumping in the leaves - basically, having a blast with the leaves! :D

Mr. Andy then took us to see the inside of the barn where his "office" is located.


He was such a good tour guide! :D



Posing by the barn with the fall decorations


Posing on the bridge


Watching Mr. Andy feed the birds in a special place in the woods.

Unfortunately, my battery died on my new camera after this picture *sniff*. I guess I had been playing with it too much last night and this morning! Honestly, tonight as I was trying to upload my pictures, I was not "feeling the love" of my camera. I tried uploading all my pictures onto my MSN space and facebook, and I couldn't understand why it was just not working. The estimated time for my MSN space download was over an hour, and that is just not normal! So I called my computer/technology expert brother to come to the rescue, and he informed me that the size of my pictures was HUGE, so that is why it was having trouble uploading. He told me that there was probably a setting on my camera that could resize the pictures. Alas, there is, but unfortunately I found out too late :-( I had already deleted the pictures off my camera because I figured that because I had them on the computer, I didn't need them on the camera anymore. Well, thankfully, my mom found this photoshop CD that I was able to install, and after much frustration, I resized all my pictures. Of course, the computer program kept freezing and not resizing the pictures correctly. Blah! Well, at least I learned a valuable lesson today! Never delete the pictures off your camera until you are absolutely 100% positive you don't need them anymore! So the love for my camera has dwindled somewhat today, but I am sure I will fall in love with it again soon! :D

No comments: