Saturday, October 18, 2008

23 Birthday Cakes

Today I turned 23...well, I guess technically it was yesterday that I turned 23 seeing how it is past 12 am! It is amazing how much time has flown by! The main thing that has been special of all the birthdays I have celebrated so far is the fact that my mom has made each of my birthday cakes. I would wake up on my birthday wondering what my birthday cake would look like this year. Sometimes, I would be aware of the "theme", but I never knew how my creative mom would decorate my cake until the day of my birthday. That has been her special thing to do for all of my family's birthdays. Our birthdays just wouldn't be the same without her special decorated cakes! Last week, as I was paging through our photo albums, I decided to collect all the pictures of the birthday cakes my Mom has made me over the years and scan them into the computer. So now, on my new blog I decided to post all the pictures of my birthday cakes...and a picture of me that year as well (how embarrassing!)...as a rememberance of all the hard work my Mom has put into my birthday cakes, and also to treasure the memories of each of my birthdays so far.

This is the birthday cake my Mom made me this year. When I got home from school today, this cake was waiting for me on the dining room table. I had asked my mom if she could make me a "teacher cake" this year, and she searched on the Internet until she found a cake that could be her decoration guide. Isn't this the cutest cake you have ever seen??! Well, maybe if you are a Kindergarten teacher, it is. :-)


I will be posting more pictures of my birthday today (errr...yesterday) later....right now I need to head to bed. :-) Hope you enjoy the pictures of all my birthday cakes! Thanks, Mom, for all your hard work over the years! It is greatly appreciated!!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Wow Becky! You've joined the "bloggy" blog world:). "That's one small step for (wo)man, one giant leap for mankind" :).

As to the cakes.... W.O.W. Your mom has my utmost respect from here on out for all her dedication to making really cute cakes!

You'll love blogging... I just know it!