Thursday, October 16, 2008

Change is Good

Here I am, folks...on a REAL blog...finally giving into the "blog pressure"! :-) After having an MSN blog for about 1 1/2 years, I finally convinced myself that having this type of blog would probably be much more convenient. I look at my friends' blogs literally every day, but just have never felt "inspired" to start my own. In light of my 23rd birthday tomorrow, I thought I would make a HUGE change in my life (hahahaha), and start an official blog. It has taken me ALL night to figure this thing out...not that it has been that difficult to understand, but I am not good at making decisions! I went on this website to find cute backgrounds, and they are apparently doing some updates or something because none of the template images would show up. So I think I went through and uploaded at least 20 different background templates until I was finally satisfied! Of course, once their website is working again, I might be changing my background again, who knows! Oh, and half my battle tonight was thinking up a new blog title. I wanted something alliterated because that is just the way I am, and I wanted something to do with a teacher seeing that is who I am. :-) So I brainstormed for awhile, asking my brother and Dad's advice (because my Mom wasn't home!), and then I was desperate enough to get out our old Webster's dictionary and go to the T section. Yes, folks, I MUST have alliteration. So I started paging through the T words and came across the word "tales". Both Andy and I said at the same time "Tales of a Teacher"! I liked it at first, but then I was like...hmmmm...that might not sound right to some people! I liked the word "treasures" and so then I REALLY felt inspired. I ran to Andy and was like, How about "Treasured Tales - A Glimpse of a Teacher's Heart" which was combining some of the other titles I had thought up. Andy, who could probably care less, said that sounded fine :-). So that is my title...and I am happy with it. Because I am probably going to share a lot of "tales" on this blog, and if I am sharing them, then that must mean that I want to "treasure" those "tales" forever. As I share photos of school activities, you will be having a "glimpse into my teacher's heart" as well. So now that I have officially informed you as to the reasoning behind this blog and blog name, I hope you enjoy my "treasured tales", and come back to visit me often as I am sure to do to you! (if you have a blog that is!)

1 comment:

Alison said...

Welcome to the blogging world Becky!