Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Home for a Microwave

As I opened my new microwave on my birthday, my mind began to swirl...Where in the world is this going to fit in my room??!! However, last night I was able to clear some things off my one dresser, and my nice strong brother put the microwave on top for me. I was a little hesitant to use the outlet behind of this dresser because of a certain incident that happened a couple of months ago. However, the problem was fixed (I hope!) a few days after the incident, so I am hoping I don't see any more sparks! Here is my new microwave settled nicely in my room. I enjoyed a bacon, egg n' cheese hot pocket for breakfast this morning. What normally took 30 minutes in our toaster oven took 2 minutes in my new microwave! :-)


This dresser has quite a history. It used to be my Dad's dresser when he was little, then it was passed to some other relatives before it was eventually passed to me as my first baby dresser. Once I got a new dresser, it became Andy's baby dresser. Then when Andy outgrew it, it became Alayna's baby dresser! When Alayna outgrew it, it was moved downstairs to my room where it sat rather empty and lonely for a few years until I started college classes. I then began filling it up with all sorts of materials from my ECE (early childhood education) classes. It is now the home of lots of construction paper, felt, crayons, markers, glue, paint, and a variety of other arts & crafts supplies. If dressers could talk, I wonder what this one would say after so many years??!!

2 comments:

Drew said...

You put it in your room!?!? Never heard of that, but I'm thinking it's a good idea :D

Becky said...

Seeing how there was absolutely no room in our kitchen, plus my mom doesn't like microwaves, I figured it was assumed it was going to go in my room. My room is rather large...I have my own bathroom, computer, TV, couch, freezer (my family's :D)...why not just add a microwave to the mix? ;-) As my family says, I have my own apartment down in the basement!