Monday, October 27, 2008

My Family's Collection (Part 2)


I couldn't post about our "video library" without mentioning my family's "book library"...(imagine, books in a library??!!) Anyway, yes, I had to come to the realization that we do, indeed, collect books as well as movies. I discovered that today especially when I took pictures of all our book collections! :D It probably isn't quite as many as some people have, but it seems like a lot to me!

My personal book collection...

These are deep shelves, so there are 2 rows of books on some of the shelves. Many of the books I collect are by my favorite authors - Janette Oke, Beverly Lewis, Wanda Brunstetter, and Lori Wick.

This would be my "overflow" bookshelf. Many of my devotional collection and biographies are on this shelf. And, in case anyone is wondering, I do not organize my books alphabetically or by size...although I do try to organize them by author at least :D



The overflowing bookshelf in our dining room (plus a few photo albums!)



Alayna's bookshelf in her room...

A lot of these books used to be mine when I was younger...like the Berenstain Bear books and Mandie books on the top shelf!


Last year when I was getting ready for Kindergarten, I filled these totes with some of my childhood books...and yes, these things were full!


Now they all reside on the bookshelf in my classroom.



I would say that at least half these books were mine when I was a child...some were passed down to me from my next door neighbor, and some were even part of my Dad's collection when he was a child! (I won't say how old that makes them!)

This would be the bookshelf my kiddos get to choose from when it is story time. If you would take notice to the book on the bottom shelf on the left, you might recall from this post that it is the SAME book I got for my 4th birthday...19 years ago!

So, if you are wondering if we have enough room for all of our various book collections, take a good look at this picture of a shelf in a corner of our storage room in the basement...(wow..that was a lot of prepositional phrases in one sentence!)

The answer would be NO!! :D

So, again, the whole point of this post is...well, if you ever want to read a book, there might be a SLIGHT chance we have a book you might want to read! If you are in our area...feel free to come on in to browse, borrow, and benefit!

No donations necessary...this time :D

No comments: