Monday, October 27, 2008

My Family's Collection (Part 1)

I used to think my family didn't collect anything. After all, there are no shelves in our house of teapots, teacups, mugs, bells, Precious Moments figurines, apples, candles, knives, guns, pillows, spoons, ummm...I am drawing a blank...what else do people collect?! Anyway, because we don't collect any of those things, I figured that we were "innocent" in this area. However, I got to thinking when one of my friends asked to borrow a movie the other day. We have often called ourselves the "video library" because we have so many videos & DVDs, but I have never thought of it as a "collection" before. Yet, I guess it would be considered that! Over the years, we have collected a lot of videos. When we were younger, we got some Disney movies. As we got older, my Mom got a lot of movies from Feature Films for Families. (There are a lot of good family movies from that company in case you have never heard of it before!) Now, as I look at our collection, I realize that we have A LOT of movies. However, we don't mind at all when someone wants to borrow 1 or 2 or 10! In fact, the one DVD series I have - Road to Avonlea - is currently in Thailand with my one friend, Anne! These RTA DVDs have also been all around the USA with a missionary family on deputation, and they have travelled all the way to South Africa to be with this same family for a couple of months! These DVDs have been in more places than I have been...*feels jealous of DVDs* (how sad!). I am glad we have turned our "collection" into a video library. Movies can be expensive at times, and the more people who enjoy them, the more they get their money's worth!

So here are some pictures of our "video library"...


Our main "video library"

This would be some of our "home video" collection.

(FYI: Home videos are OFF LIMITS to anyone who even thinks that they may want to borrow them!...unless it is a school play/program or something like that!)

This would be our overflow collection inside our coat closet. There are some home videos in here, videos we have recorded off the TV, Disney movies we don't watch anymore etc...

Andy's personal collection in his room...

And last but certainly not least...My personal collection in my room (minus the 7 seasons of Road to Avonlea and some other movies some of my friends are borrowing!)

So, anyway, I wrote this whole post basically to say this...if you ever want to borrow a movie from my family's collection..and you live in this area of course! :D...feel free to come on over to browse, borrow, and benefit...

-We accept LARGE donations at the time of lending-

Just kidding! :D

1 comment:

Katina said...

Wow! I always wanted to watch the Christy series with Sophia, now I know who to ask to borrow it!! :)