Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Rainy Day Adventure

Today I went to Jim Thorpe with a couple of friends.

It was a rather cloudy and rainy day so the view of the fall trees in the mountains wasn't as spectacular had the sun been shining. However, it was still beautiful!

We drove up the mountain to see the view from the top. Let's just say when we got to the top, all we could see was fog and a bit of the town below. The rest was all gray with fog...a little disappointing. :(

Although it was pouring down rain outside at times, we had lots of fun going in cute little shops throughout the quaint little town. I decided to try out some new styles...fortunately, they didn't last long!

However, what really made my day was finding this book in one of the book shops! This book was definitely part of my childhood. My friends and I used to fight over it all the time when we were little. It was always a competition to see who could check out this book first in the school library. As I leafed through the pages and looked at the pictures, it brought back so many wonderful memories :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww, I loved how you told about the book you found! I always had a few books I loved when I was younger. I just have to know tho, did you buy the book? :-)

Becky said...

Emily,

Awwww...thanks for your *few* comments ;-) I am glad to know I will have a faithful visitor who will always let me know her identity :P

Amanda,

Yes! I did buy the book to add to my "memory collection" :D I was wrapped up in the moment and couldn't resist!