Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring is Almost Here!


Today my kiddos and I took down all our winter decorations around the classroom. We were definitely ready to say goodbye to our snowflakes and snowmen! Over the past few days, I have been busy tracing and cutting out flowers, birds, and butterflies as I anticipate spring decorating!

It was such a beautiful spring day today so I opened the window and just let the refreshing breeze air out the mustiness of winter in the classroom. There is something about decorating for spring with the window open that gives you this certain boost of energy! :D

On Monday, the kiddos decorated kites with markers and construction paper, and today we each painted a butterfly, bird and flower. Once these are dry they will join the many, many, MANY other butterflies, birds and flowers that will make our room look so bright, cheerful and spring-like! And yes, notice I said WE...even the teacher had fun painting!

I know this is really shocking to all of you...I am still in shock-mode myself...but I actually allowed two of my kiddos to (*gasp*) hold my camera and (*gasp, gasp*) take a picture of me with it! This is indeed a big step, folks. Until now I have been a rather protective "camera mother", but alas, vanity took over this afternoon and I wanted a picture of me at the painting table. After a few, not-so-good shots of the side of my head as I attempted to put the camera on the chalkboard ledge with a 10 sec. timer, I took a step of faith and handed my camera to Stephen. Both of the boys had finished painting, so they each had a turn taking a picture of me. This would be the best shot we got of me trying to smile naturally as behind my teeth I am coaching them..."okay, be careful...hold it still...press the little gray button...good job!"

These spring decorations will definitely add color to our classroom!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Your kids always look so happy in the photos, you must be a great teacher! :-)

No No Nanette said...

you had me laughing, Becky, with the "coaching through your teeth" line:) Btw, you look great in the picture, so they did a good job!

Joey likes to take pictures too. Actually, he took my current fb profile pic - he even posed us, telling me to put my hand around Adam and everything - so funny!