Tuesday, December 23, 2008

When At First You Don't Succeed...


...Try, try again!!


After Thursday's disappointment, I had given up hope that I would ever see Kate Gosselin in person. I had heard that she was doing another book signing at Barnes and Nobles tonight, but I wasn't really interested in facing the mobs and chaos just to get a book signed. However, Rachel F. called me earlier today and told me that this time they were handing out tickets. If you had a ticket, you were guaranteed entrance!

So when I got there, Rachel handed me the ticket, and we didn't have to wait too long to see her. It was much more organized this time. Everybody had a number, and they lined you up according to your number.

The waiting crowd...she was signing books behind that pillar.



When it was finally my turn, Kate took my book and said something like, "Oh, your book is so cold! You must have been outside with it." Do you ever have a moment where your mind goes completely blank and any "profound thing" you had wanted to say just flees away? Well, that happened to me. There I was face to face with Kate Gosselin and all I could say was "uh-huh...thank you" and walk away. *Sigh*






Here would be the autographed title page of my book!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

haha you can hear me talking in the background and my camera takin a pic. Glad you could come! :) It was awesome wasn't it! :)