Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Saying Good-bye


Do you ever get so attached to a movie or a series that you actually feel like the characters are real? Well, that has happened to me. I know I have talked about the Robin Hood BBC series before, but on Saturday I watched the last episode of series 3. Without giving away any "spoilers", I will say this - I was literally sobbing throughout the whole thing!! Seriously, NEVER has a show affected me as much as this one has...and I am not exactly sure why? Perhaps because the characters are so funny and down-to-earth, the plot is always changing, the good guys always win (well, almost!)??? In talking with a bunch of people, the show has affected them the same way...hmmmmmmmmm.

The writers of the show have made me angry at times for some of the choices they made throughout the series, but altogether they did a GREAT job with getting you attached to the story and characters - perhaps TOO attached!

I seriously doubt there will be a series 4, and for some obvious reasons (if you watched series 2, you'll know why!) series 3 wasn't as good. But I still was attached...and a "basket case" at the end.

So I now have to say good-bye to this series. Although I'll no doubt watch the older episodes over and over, its sad to think there will be nothing new to look forward to! Oh well! I am sure it won't take me too long to get attached to another series. The final season of Monk will be on in August, and there is always 24 that my brother, Andy, wants me to start watching. I doubt I will be "in mourning" for Robin Hood forever! :) But its been fun while it lasted!!


No comments: