Sunday, June 7, 2009

Promotion Sunday


Today in Sunday school, 4 of my students moved up to the 4's and 5's Sunday school class. It was my first official Promotion Sunday because last year I started teaching the 2's and 3's class the week after Promotion Sunday.

It was a bittersweet moment. In just one year, I have seen these children's language and social skills develop so much! It is absolutely amazing what one year can do! That is what is especially hard about Promotion Sunday. You FINALLY get them to where you want them to be, and then they move on. :) *sigh* Such is life! I'll miss them for sure, but at least they'll be right next door for two more years!

The promoted ones :) - Aidan, Leah, Isaac, Grace

Earlier this year, my Sunday School class was overflowing with children, so we actually had an "early promotion" in March. This picture includes all 7 of the children that have been promoted to the 4's and 5's class.

Left to Right: Elijah, Ethan, Juliana, Grace, Teacher :), Isaac, Aidan, Leah

No comments: