Tuesday, June 9, 2009

From Water Rat to Fluff Ball


I know I have been posting a lot about my dog, Christy. It's just been fun to go through the home videos and the pictures, remembering all the fun times my family had with her. So consider this your "warning." I still have about 5 or 6 videos to post on my blog over the next week of Christy's first year. After all these blog entries, I may have to change the title of my blog to "Treasured Tales: A Glimpse of a Dog Lover's Heart"! Well, if you ever lost a pet, you would understand what I am feeling. :) It may have been 2 years already, but you don't get over something like losing a dog that easily. At least I don't....

Here are 2 more videos of Christy when we first got her. In the first video, she is enduring her first bath. She was indeed an odd dog. You see all these pictures of golden retrievers swimming in water, but not Christy. She absolutely HATED water her whole life.

After her bath was over, she turned into a fluff ball! She then had fun playing with her towel. Now, I must apologize for the "zoomed in" look in this next video. This was one of my first times using our video camera, and I didn't realize that I was able to zoom out! So for much of this video, you will only see parts of Christy as she is playing with her towel.

Also, while I was recording this video on my camera, Alayna was in the room with me watching it. She kept laughing when she heard me on the video, which, in turn, caused me to laugh at myself. After several attempts, this is the best I could do! You will notice at one point, the camera becoming rather shaky and you will hear a short "snort" of sorts as I am trying not to laugh at myself. :) I was rather amusing as a 12 year old!

No comments: