Saturday, June 6, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad!


It's my Daddy's birthday today. As I sit here trying to form the words of how much my Daddy means to me, I am finding words just aren't enough! I love him so much! Its such a blessing to be able to honestly say that my Dad and Mom are truly my best friends. I can just walk in the room and my Dad or Mom can just tell if something is not right just by looking at my face. I love talking to my Dad, and as I continue to get older, I find out we are more and more alike. :) Or as my Mom would say, "You guys are two peas in a pod!"

One day when my Mom and I were talking about the future and what type of guy I would like to marry, I told her, "I want a man just like my Daddy!"

The Patch the Pirate song that comes to mind is - "I want to marry Daddy when I grow up..." Well, obviously THAT can't happen :) but its the whole principle behind that song that matters!

So I said before that words aren't enough, so here are two pictures of my Daddy and me. Pictures are worth 1,000 words, you know, so this covers about 2,000 words I can't express right now!



P.S. One thing my Dad pointed out this morning is that he is an EVEN number this year. He knew that would make me happy! :)

No comments: