Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Second Arrival


Last night when I got to church, I found out that my ladybugs had arrived! When I was told it was on Mr. Anger's desk, I quickly went his office because when these types of insects arrive you are supposed to open the package immediately. Not seeing a box on his desk in the office, I went to the Learning Center to his other desk. Nope, nada. So then I backtracked and went downstairs to MY desk thinking that maybe he had put the box in the classroom. Nope, nada...again! By this time I was a little out of breathe as I had traipsed back and forth across the church in search of these little buggers! Eventually, I found Mr. Anger and he led me to where the ladybugs were 'hiding'....in his office on his desk. But hadn't I looked there? Here they were not in an ordinary-looking package. Instead, it looked more like an empty paper towel roll! The ladybug larvae were in a smaller clear tube inside of it.

After church was over, I moved the ladybug larvae safely into their new home at Ladybug Land (well, actually I dropped them in...they didn't have much of a choice of where they would take up residence!)




Here is a rather blurry, zoomed-in picture of one of the ladybug larvae. They are quite small! I have never seen the "ladybug transformation" before so I am looking forward to watching this process. My kiddos will be jumping for joy tomorrow when they discover that the ladybugs have arrived! I have a feeling they will be a bit confused when they first see them though. They are expecting red bugs with black spots! :)

1 comment:

Katina said...

Aw, Ladybugs are so much fun! Of all the bugs from insectlore, they are my favorite, of course, second only to the butterflies. Have fun with the bugs!!! :)