Monday, February 23, 2009

Favorite "Chick Flick" Polls


If you look on my sidebar, you will discover two polls. I discovered the "thrill" of adding polls last night when I was browsing around my blog looking for something to add. Because of a certain "chick flick talk" I was involved in at the beginning of the month on Abbi's blog, my mind has been swirling with Jane Austen and Elizabeth Gaskell movies ever since! I thought it would be fun to see which Jane Austen and/or Elizabeth Gaskell movie are other's favorites. Obviously, I realize this is a tough decision for some (like me!), but think of it this way...

You are going on a long journey. You only have room in your suitcase for 2 movies (one Austen & one Gaskell!) Which would you choose?

There really is no point to this poll, but because I tend to be a curious creature, please indulge me and participate! I would also like to know WHY you like/dislike certain of these movies, so feel free to comment! I will let you know what my opinion is AFTER the poll is over, so as not to persuade any of you! :D (and no, that was not a hint!) Oh, and for you Mansfield Park fans, I am sorry I didn't add that to my Jane Austen movie list. Someone had already voted by the time I realized my error. If it happens to be your favorite, just comment here instead :)

Those of you who have never seen any of these movies (horror of horrors!) let me suggest that you either borrow them from my family's library...or if you happen to live in another state or overseas, let me reassure you that YouTube can become your best friend in this matter!

3 comments:

Dear Abbi said...

Oh dear, my illness and subsequent 3-day Austen/Gaskell fest has stirred up quite a bit, hasn't it? My friend, Kelly is doing a week of Jane Austen too! I am enjoying rewatching N&S several times to really "get it" but I hope to read the book sometime soon. And the new P&P is on my list, as is Cranford. Thanks for continuing the discussion!

Kay said...

Wanna know a secret? I haven't liked any of those movies yet! I feel like the girls are petty and just too silly. I suppose my favorite chick flicks are "You've got mail" and "a walk to remember"

Becky said...

Hey Kay,

I like those movies too!! I agree...the girls can be a bit petty and silly in these movies :D...I think I just like this time period...back when life was *simpler* and you got to go to fancy balls all the time :P