Saturday, July 18, 2009

Desktop Background Design

I discovered something yesterday...rather, I was taught something yesterday. Sarah always has such cute desktop backgrounds on her laptop, and I wondered where she got them. She told me that she made them with a special program she has on her computer, but then she showed me a way I could create my own - through Power Point. You go into your Power Point program, and create a page however you want. Instead of saving it as a presentation when your finished, you save it as a JPEG file format (picture). So last night, *cough* I mean, early this morning, I decided to create my page.

I really like how it turned out! When I put it as my desktop background, however, I noticed the picture looked a bit stretched, so I changed it to a center picture, and put a matching color around it for the rest of the background. Also, I learned that when you save it in JPEG format, you can't open it again in Power Point to make changes. So you have to make sure you save it as a picture AND as a presentation.

So here's my first attempt at making my own desktop background. It's rather fun! Oh dear...I feel another "addiction" coming on! :P

No comments: