Saturday, March 26, 2011

Our *SECRET* Field Trip


When I heard that the Elementary students would be going to Bounce U if they were on Honor Roll, I asked if the Kindergarten class could tag along. With the word "bounce" in the title, I just knew it would be a great place to take my kiddos! :-)

Because it was a surprise field trip for the Elementary, I didn't want to tell my kiddos anything in case they would accidentally say something to one of the older students. It was fun keeping it a secret! For one thing, I wasn't pestered with questions every day wondering when the field trip was going to be!

Of course that all changed yesterday morning....

No sooner did I enter the classroom, and I was bombarded with questions! "Are we going somewhere today, Miss Follett? Are we going on a field trip? Why did we have to bring play clothes along? What are we going to do? PLLEASSE tell us!!!" Apparently, they had heard some rumors from some of the older students! :-) I tried acting all nonchalant and everything, but I do believe that all 4 of my kiddos will end up as either detectives or lawyers!

I finally told them that IF there was a surprise, I would tell them after all our papers were done. I was then asked, "Couldn't you just give us a little hint after each paper is done, instead of waiting till the end?" {Smile}

As the last paper was turned in, all 4 kiddos looked at me expectantly. There was no way I was going to hold them off any longer! When I told them that we were going to go to Bounce U with the Elementary, they literally started bouncing up and down right there, shouting "Yay! Yay! Yay!" {how ironic - yet confirming it even more that this was the perfect place to take this bunch!}

Oh what fun they had! There were big slides, little slides, bouncy balls, "rock" climbing, obstacle courses, ball tossing etc....they all had the time of their lives! It was a great place to take students with ages ranging from 5 - 12 years old! (although I must say it was quite noisy & crazy in there for the grown-ups ;-))

Don't you just love their facial expressions in these pictures?!

No comments: