Sunday, March 20, 2011

In Memory of My Pop-Pop


It's hard to believe that today marks one year since my Pop-Pop went home to be with the Lord. In a way it feels like much longer, but then again it feels like any day now he will walk in our front door.

Just like old times.

I will hear his voice, and just enjoy his company as he talks and shares stories from the past. Before he walks out the door, he will give me a hug, and for about an hour after he is gone, I will smell like his favorite aftershave. Oh, how I miss that smell! I am so thankful for home videos where I can hear his voice, and for pictures where I can see his smile, but certain things - like the smell of his favorite aftershave - can never be brought back.

Memories are a wonderful thing though. Sometimes they make you sad, and you feel like crying, but other times, you remember a crazy incident that happened and you just have to laugh. Laughter is good medicine for a hurting heart. :-)

I put together a video of pictures from my Pop-Pop's life yesterday in preparation for today. Although I realize that these pictures may not necessarily mean much to you because no memories are attached to them, they mean the world to me! I love and miss my Pop-Pop so much.


No comments: