Sunday, November 15, 2009

God's Faithfulness


For the past couple of months, I have been going through the Bible study on Becoming a Woman of Faith. It has been such a HUGE blessing to me as I read, study and answer questions about faith found throughout the Bible. In the first chapter, the author quotes from another book. Its been such a good reminder to me that I just wanted to share it with you!

~-~-~-~-~-~-~

He has called us into fellowship with Himself; He has owned us as His possession and has assumed the responsibility for our control and He will not lay it aside. What He has begun in us He will continue. His work in us does not depend upon our love for Him but on His love for us; not faith in our faith but faith in His faithfulness is what He wants from us.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~

The part I highlighted in bold is what really stood out to me in this quote. I think that so often in the Christian life we get focused on ourselves - wondering if we have enough faith; wondering if we are doing all that God wants us to do. We say that we are trusting in God and having faith in Him, but in reality we are having faith in OUR faith in God. We can't trust in our weak faith to see us through life's challenges - we need to put our trust in God's faithfulness!! God is not dependent on us - we are forever dependent on Him. And the good news is that He will NEVER fail us!!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Cool! Is that the book by Cynthia Heald? I've looked at those and often thought about doing that. :o)

Becky said...

Yep, its by Cynthia Heald. It's a good study...you answer questions about different passages, and she has lots of quotes interwoven throughout the chapters.