Saturday, November 21, 2009

Bedroom "Remodeling" Part 1


I am in the midst of purchasing a new bedroom set! Because I am getting a new bed, my old bed needed to be put somewhere. It wasn't bad enough to just be thrown out, so I thought - hey, I could use it as a day bed! Place it along the wall, put a bunch of pillows on it and - ta-da!

However, I needed to get rid of the couch I already had so I would have room for my new "day bed." The couch that I had in my room has been in our house ever since my parents moved into the house over 25 years ago! The previous owners just left it for them when they bought the house.

I tried making it look nice by adding a throw, a blanket, some pillows etc., but it still didn't change the fact that it had a rather musty smell, and was old and sagging underneath!



So the couch officially exited my room today and was placed out front of our house with a "FREE" sign on it.

Don't you just love the "old gold" look?! :)



Last I checked it was still there. (shocking, I know!) We'll see if anyone is desperate enough to come pick it up. I really didn't have any "sentimental attachment" to this piece of furniture, so its definitely a relief that its now out of my room!



When my new "day bed" is all set up, I'll show you all a picture. I am sure you will be waiting with baited breath....oh well, it's exciting to me at least. :)

No comments: