Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Though None Go With Me

Tonight as I was taking sermon notes at church, I flipped to the back of my notebook, and found a quote that I had written down after hearing it on one of the movies I own. It's a great movie called "Though None Go With Me."

This young lady named Elizabeth is going through a rough time because her fiance is going off to war as a chaplain. The quote I wrote down is from the last sermon he preached before leaving on the train for Korea. It really helped Elizabeth finally surrender her life over to God and follow Him unconditionally. Little did she realize all the struggles she would face in the future.

"Our personal power is limited, but God's power is infinite. All that is required is one simple prayer, 'Not my will, Lord, but Yours.' Why are we so afraid of turning our lives over to a greater will? Why do we seek guidance, yet fear what that guidance will say to us? Because it means that we have to say to God that I accept whatever it is that You have chosen for me, and I trust that You will give me the strength to deal with it. There's an old hymn that says it far better than I can, 'Though none go with me still I will follow - No turning back, no turning back."

I would highly recommend both the movie and the book. Obviously, the book is better and goes to a deeper spiritual level than the movie, but both are excellent and may just bring you to tears! I have both so if you ever want to borrow either, feel free to ask!

*Edited* I was getting tired of the movie trailer immediately starting up each time I opened my blog, so I decided to just post the link...if you want to watch the trailer you can click here.

No comments: