Tuesday, September 22, 2009

5 Minute Chocolate Cake


Clicking that "Stumble" button on my Mozilla Firefox browser has been an interesting adventure so far. You never really know what you might stumble upon next! Tonight I discovered the 5 minute chocolate cake. I was rather skeptical at first, but decided to give it a try.

Ingredients:

4 Tbsp. flour
4 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. cocoa
1 egg
3 Tbsp milk
3 Tbsp oil

Mix flour, sugar and cocoa together in a large mug. Spoon in 1 egg. Pour in milk and oil, and mix well.



Put in microwave for 3 minutes on maximum power.


(Don't you just love my snowman mug? I am ready for fall weather...not too sure about snowman weather yet!)

Wait until it stops rising and sets in the mug. Tip cake out of mug and enjoy!



I added some chocolate chips to the mixture because I wasn't sure if I would have enough cocoa. It turned out rather tasty! However, I am BIG on texture, and it didn't have the same texture as a regular cake - it was a more heavy, spongy type texture. But for a 5 minute microwave cake, I can't complain too much. :)

So next time you are hungry for chocolate cake, but don't have enough ingredients or the time to make a regular-sized cake, try this recipe on for size!

Let me know what you think! :)

No comments: