Monday, September 14, 2009

The Grass is Always Greener


Yesterday I was curling my hair, getting ready for church, and I made a "rash" decision. I decided I was going to get my hair permed. I was tired of having to curl it all the time to make it look nice. I had a $20 awards card from the hair salon I go to that had to be used up before the beginning of October, so I decided to go today. The reason I decided to go so soon was mainly because this Wednesday is picture day at our church's school. Even though I am not a teacher this year, I still need to get a picture because I am on staff. Well, if I was going to get my hair permed, I might as well get it done in time for picture day, right?!

So after about 3 hours in a hair salon, (definitely my record so far!) my hair is officially curly. Although I didn't get much cut off, the curls make my hair look shorter. Besides the fact that right now my hair has that lovely "perm smell", I think I am going to like it. I just need to learn how to work with it. My last perm was about 10 years ago, and I basically let it do whatever it wanted. Yeah, not pretty!

Yes, I know...girls with straight hair want curly hair, and girls with curly hair want straight hair. We are never content, are we? :) The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence!




The Before and After shots :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, I can't wait to see it in person!
See ya Friday, Sarah G.