Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Party at Teacher's House


I had soooo much fun today with my kiddos! After an early lunch (they were quite anxious to get going!), we headed to my house for our Christmas party. I had never attempted something like this at my house before, so I was slightly apprehensive, but no need to worry - everything went GREAT! They had so much fun rolling out the cookie dough, picking out their cookie cutter shapes, and then decorating them later. While the cookies were baking and cooling, they watched a short Christmas video. We also did our gift exchange. Instead of having mass chaos with wrapping paper flying everywhere, I decided to do it in an organized fashion. :-) Our recliner became the "present opening" seat. Everyone else sat on the floor while one child would open all their presents that the others had bought for them at the "store". This gave each child a chance to fully appreciate what they received, and to give a proper "thank you" to whomever had purchased it! However, when they opened the gift I gave them, I let them do it all at once, so wrapping paper was flying then. But at least it wasn't chaotic the WHOLE time!

Thanks to Andy who was there a little bit before leaving for work, I was able to get lots of pictures of our baking/decorating/present opening adventure today. Instead of posting a blog entry that would be a mile long filled with pictures, I decided to put together a video slide show. Oh what fun that was! I think I am addicted.... :-)

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Kali said...

I never did an actual party with my classes, but different years we decorated gingerbread houses, made cookies, etc. So much fun!

Kristen said...

Cute slideshow! :-)