Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Fun with Friends


On Thursday, my Mom and I met up with friends to enjoy some Christmas fun in Lancaster. We met up at Shady Maple Smorgasbord (the best eating place ever!) and then headed off to Sight & Sound Theatres. We were actually able to see TWO shows in one day! One at the larger Millennium theatre, and one at the smaller Living Waters theatre. I have never been to two shows in one day, so that was fun!

We went to the Millennium theatre first and saw "Miracle of Christmas", which was about the Christmas story. My mom and I had actually seen this show twice already, but the Christmas story can never get old!

When the show was over and we stepped outside, we discovered that the world had turned a snowy white while we had been indoors! It almost felt "magical" to step out of the theatre and be greeted by the snow gently falling down around us! It definitely fit the Christmas spirit of the day! :-)



We had about 45 minutes or so till we had to be at our next show, so we decided to browse around one of Sight & Sound's gift shops nearby called "Noah's Landing". When Elizabeth and I had gone to Lancaster back in the summer, we had searched and searched for this place and never found it. While they had been shopping the day before, Elizabeth discovered where it was, so of course, I just had to go there to fulfill that "need" I had back in the summer!



Elizabeth and I always get together during the heat of summer, so it felt weird to see each other in cold weather...but a good weird :-)



We THOROUGHLY enjoyed the next show "Voices of Christmas" in the smaller theatre. We got to see where a lot of the Christmas traditions originated from, and even the history of some of the Christmas carols. I think my favorite part was when they talked about the history of the song "Silent Night", and all the actors/actresses on stage lit candles, and then had the audience join in singing "Silent Night" with them. They turned off all the lights in the theatre, and there was no background music. It was just all of our voices blending together in the flickering candlelight. I must admit, I got a bit choked up at that moment!

The show was such a mixture of songs, instruments, scenes, and costumes! However, for every Christmas song or Christmas tradition they mentioned, they would always show how it pointed back to Christ. Wow, I could probably go on and on with how much I enjoyed it! Sadly, its in its final season, and you only have till December 30 to go see it. Sooooo if you hurry, there might be tickets left! It is definitely a fun Christmas show for the whole family to go see! :-)

Needless to say, it was a definitely a fun day with friends as we enjoyed the Christmas season together!

No comments: