Sunday, August 15, 2010

Vacation Week


What a fun-filled, busy, exhausting vacation week I have just experienced! Definitely something I needed before I got into a crazy work routine again!

Here are a few pix of the week to give you a glimpse of the fun we experienced.

As you saw in my previous post, we enjoyed lots of junk food :-). I felt like we were ALWAYS eating something! But, hey, we kept saying, "It's vacation!" Good excuse, right? ;-)

Enjoying Dunkin Donuts after church on Sunday...


Monday night we went miniature golfing at Putt-U. Fun times! On the way home, we stopped at Rita's...like I said.... :o)


We went to Ocean Grove, NJ, on Tuesday. Actually, we ended up at a beach a little ways from Ocean Grove, but it's the same idea. :-)








I could have stayed all day! I love the beach!



As if we didn't have enough junk food already, we made chocolate chip cookie dough truffles on Wednesday.



Remember when I blogged about all the old, broken crayons I had peeled? Well, we started working on the whole melting process. There are still lots more to do though!



Elizabeth and I then spent two days in Lancaster. Of course, we went to Shady Maple (more food!). We also got to enjoy two productions at Sight & Sound, do lots of shopping at the nearby outlets, eat more food...you get the idea!





On Thursday, we saw Psalms of David at the Living Waters Theatre, and on Friday, we saw Joseph at the Millenium Theatre. Both were great shows!



And last, but certainly not least, we went to Knoebel's Grove on Saturday. Despite the crowd, we enjoyed a gorgeous day going on fun, "dizzifying" rides and eating...you guessed it...lots of food!



Not seen in the pictures, we also went on a few walks around the neighborhood, attempted an exercise video, played multiple games of Mexican Train, Mad Libs, In a Pickle and Mad Gab; stayed up late each night watching movies, shopped at the Lehigh Valley Mall and nearby stores, had lunch at Panera Bread, Olive Garden & Subway (different days..hahaha!) and supper at Bob Evan's, Friendly's, and Freeze and Frizz (somewhere in Lancaster :-)) There is probably more, but I can't think of anything else at the moment!

It was a great break from the "real world", but now I must enter that world again! Time to focus on getting ready for Kindergarten!!!! I am TOTALLY okay with that though!!

2 comments:

Sarah G said...

glad you had fun, you deserved it :)

Lizzie! said...

So much food! We were either eating or thinking about it, it seemed!