Saturday, August 7, 2010

It's a Process


During this past week, there were some renovations done to the Kindergarten room. My room had 3 chalkboards in it, and of course, that was totally unnecessary! It just took up wall space that could be used for other things. So 2 of the chalkboards were taken down, a new bulletin board was put in the place of one of the chalkboards, the back wall was repainted, and even the heaters around the room - that were falling apart and rusty - were repainted and put back together.

This is what the room looked like for the first part of the week!







I kept reminding myself that it was a process. It was just for a few days and then I could get it back to normal again.

Believe me, I didn't waste much time! Once the paint was dry, I spent about 3 1/2 hours Thursday afternoon getting the room organized, and partly decorated.

You want to see the finished product?

Well, you can't.....yet :)

I want to wait until the room is completely finished to show you! However, if you do decide to take a peek in the room before the process is completed, I guess you can. :) Let me know what you think though! I am sure happy with the results so far. :-)

The boxes of curriculum are ready for each of my students, so I just need to organize it all in the filing cabinet, start doing lesson plans, and we are all set. :)



The first day of Kindergarten is only 17 days away! But before I do any more planning or organizing, I am going to enjoy a week of much-needed vacation!!

Stay tuned!

No comments: