Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten


These pretty flowers greeted me when I entered the Kindergarten classroom today. I officially felt welcomed to the first day of school! :-)



Then before too long, my four EXCITED students entered the classroom with huge smiles on their faces, ready to begin their first day of Kindergarten!



Today was a lot of fun. I introduced them to the pledges, calendar, daily news, classroom jobs, rules of the classroom, rewards for following the rules, and lots more. Their little heads must be swimming! We played a fun game which I like to call "Photo Scavenger Hunt." Yesterday, I had taken a bunch of random pictures of objects and parts of objects around the classroom. Today I showed them a picture and they had to search all over the classroom until they found the object I had taken a picture of. I was quite proud of their observation skills. :-)

Before snack and recess, they played a Winnie the Pooh matching game.



They had lots of fun on the playground swinging on the swings, going down the slide, and just running around!



To make them feel like they were actually in school, they worked on their first paper, and we played an ABC game.



They all loved sitting at their desks!



Let me introduce you to my Kindergarten class. You'll be seeing a lot of pictures of them during these next 9 months or so!

Aidan



Juliana



Grace



Leah


Today was a great start to a new school year! I am looking forward to having a lot of fun adventures with these four special students! :-)

No comments: