Saturday, June 19, 2010

Some Non-Related Ramblings


My blog has been rather silent as of late. Of course, it is mostly due to the fact that I haven't had much time to just sit around waiting for a "blog inspiration" to strike. It hasn't exactly been top priority! If you are rather disappointed with "Becky's Boring Blog" be sure to check back in August! Once Kindergarten starts again, I am sure this blog will be bursting with entries. :) Sooooo don't leave me yet!

Shortly after my Pop-Pop passed away, my Mom planted a yellow rose bush on the side of our house - a "memorial" of sorts as roses were one of his favorite flowers (actually orchids were his top favorite, but they require a little more TLC than a rose bush!). I just missed seeing the roses in bloom this past time. I went out tonight to take pictures of them, but they all looked a little sickly. However, I found this....a rosebud about to burst with life. Even though my Pop-Pop is gone - and I am REALLY missing him - the memories of him will always be there, full of life, just like this promising lil' rosebud.


A few weeks ago I was given the task of cleaning out and organizing the 2's and 3's junior church cabinets. Organizing and de-cluttering is always fun, but a bit intimidating at first. The high school students found it quite amusing to see me down in the classroom with a bunch of toys and puzzles surrounding me - no, I was NOT playing! One of the things we had in an over-abundance was crayons. Big crayons, little crayons, chewed-up crayons, dusty crayons, long crayons, short crayons - every type of crayon imaginable! Obviously, there was no need to keep that many crayons, so I loaded all of them up in a big container and brought them home. Alayna and my mom helped me out by sorting them. I took one container, filled with good crayons, back to the cabinets. However, that left me with 2 buckets of short, broken crayons. I decided that I was not going to throw them away, but I was going to melt them down and make chunky rainbow crayons (using a cupcake pan). Of course, lots of the crayons still had paper on them so I would have to peel that off first. What I thought was only going to take me an hour or so, ended up taking me a few nights! Oh well! Alayna and I had some movie nights while we peeled crayon paper. Such fun :) Anywho, last night I peeled the last crayon paper off the last crayon!! It was indeed an exciting moment :) Now I just have to melt them all down which may take awhile. There are A LOT of crayons!! Did I happen to mention that already??


College classes are going okay. I feel like I spend every "spare" minute working on something for my classes. Summer courses are a bit crazy because everything is condensed into 10 weeks, when normally there is at least 17 weeks or so to do all the work. So yeah, I am a little busy! Looking ahead at the rest of the summer, I am cringing a bit with all I have to get done, but I know it WILL get done! It took me a couple weeks to finally get into the "swing of things" and get organized, but I think I am finally there. Google desktop is helping me stay organized. I have a "to-do list" on my desktop, so I will be constantly reminded of what has to get done each day. I only have discussions left for today....not exactly my favorite thing to do, hence the reason it is still on my to-do list!!

So that about sums up my exciting life as of right now. :) It is mostly just work and school....yeah, feels like I am going back in time a bit, but that is okay! I will be glad I took these classes...someday :) Oh, I did do something else besides schoolwork today....I cleaned my room! That was a thrilling experience, I must say. Did you know that baking soda and vinegar helps to get a bathroom sink unclogged?! You learn something new every day!!

No comments: