Saturday, August 7, 2010

Vacation = Junk Food!


The key to a successful vacation is always buying and eating lots of junk food - or so I have discovered! Both Elizabeth (my friend from NY who is visiting me this week) and I had already bought some junk food to start off our vacation, but tonight, as we were waiting longingly for dinner, we started making a list of things that we still needed to buy to fulfill our junk food quota. Talking about food and making lists to purchase food while rather starved is not always a good plan, just so you know!

After a walk to Giant later this evening, I think we will be set for the rest of the week! (Maybe!) Please note the apples intermixed between the rest of the junk food. We had to make at least one attempt to be healthy!





Don't we look immensely pleased with ourselves?! What you don't see in this picture is the pile of exercise DVDs that Elizabeth brought along with her for us to try out together. We will be working off all the junk food so it doesn't turn to, well, something else. ;-)

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That is immensely true! When friends come, junk food is a MUST! Though I would like to know where the energy drinks were hiding.....and I'm trying to imagine you after having an energy drink. :-)Hope you have a great time with Elizabeth!

Jackie said...

LOL - that's terrible! Do it while you're young, right?