Friday, September 2, 2011

Their First Week of 1st Grade


I was quite thrilled to be given the opportunity to work with 3 of my 4 Kindergarten graduates this first week of school. I wanted to help get them adjusted to 1st grade life. It is quite a different experience than what they were used to in Kindergarten. :-)

However, I am happy to report that they are all adjusting really well. I am quite proud of them! Twice this week I took them downstairs to the Kindergarten classroom to help them with something, and a feeling of nostalgia came over me. I wish I could go back in time to the "good ole' Kindergarten days" with them, but then again, I realize that they are ready to move on. They are now big 1st graders and QUITE happy about that fact. :-)

I interrupted them today in the midst of working hard on schoolwork to take a picture of them. Some things never change! I could tell by the look on their faces that they were probably thinking "I thought I got away from Miss Follett's blue camera!" Oh well...tough! I'm savoring those memorable moments. :-)


I must say though that by being with them this week, I feel like I was bitten by the "teacher bug" again. I enjoy my secretarial/accounting jobs, but I am definitely going to miss being a teacher this year!

No comments: