Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Final Field Trip


We had SO much fun at the Crayola Factory today! When I asked my kiddos on the way home what their favorite part was, they all shouted, "EVERYTHING!!" Well, that made me happy to know that they had such a good time. :-)

The first thing we did when we got there was watch a demonstration on how they make crayons and markers....

(Waiting for the show to begin)


After the show was over, my kiddos did a few miscellaneous art activities.


Sponge painting and decorating a hat...


The finished products!!!


A favorite is always playing with the Model Magic at the Crayola Factory (similar to play dough, but a unique texture).


My class and I posing with Mr. Happy Crayon!


When tummies started rumbling, we took a quick break from exploring to eat at McDonald's for lunch. They all enjoyed their Happy Meals!


After lunch, we went to the next part of the tour which was the National Canal Museum. I definitely think a highlight of their day was being able to guide their very own boat down the canal!

It was a fun & wet process!!


I am so glad that this field trip was a success today! It was a great way to end a great school year with my kiddos!!!

No comments: