Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Teacher's House


Yes, I know. It's been a week or so since I posted a blog entry. Do forgive me! I have been *slightly* busy wrapping up the end of the school year, and getting ready for Kindergarten graduation (which is tomorrow...yikes!!)

Today was the last day of Kindergarten. This fact still hasn't hit me. I feel like I keep saying this, but, oh well...I'll say it again. WHERE HAS THE SCHOOL YEAR GONE?! I thought my first year teaching Kindergarten went by fast, but this one zoooooooooomed!

To celebrate the last day of school, I had originally planned on having a picnic at a park near my home. We would eat lunch and then the kiddos would get to play on the playground for awhile. Eventually, we would head to my house for a dessert. However, today ended up being rather drizzily and damp, so the whole playground idea was skipped. Enter Plan B. We went right to my house. I think that was the part they were looking forward to the most - seeing their teacher's house - so it wasn't a big let down to them!

We had lots of fun. We played games, had a "picnic lunch" on the back porch, made brownies, had story time, and enjoyed a brownies n' ice cream treat. Of course, my kiddos enjoyed getting a "grand tour" of their teacher's house, and seeing that she actually lives in a house...not at school! Amazing! :D

No comments: