Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Last Day of School - Plan B


Today was our last official day of school! In celebration, we were going to go to a nearby park, play for awhile, and then have a picnic lunch. However, the raindrops falling from the sky early this morning made me wonder if this was going to happen. I started to formulate a Plan B in my mind. For the first hour of the school day, I had 4 of my girls with me, so I decided to put them to work! They did a great job helping me clean the classroom. They dusted and sanitized everything in sight, but their ultimate favorite task was cleaning the chalkboard. :-)

When the time came to head over to the park, we got into the van, and it started to rain steadily. I figured that was a sign that Plan B was going to have to work! Instead of heading to the park, we headed to McDonald's. This particular one had a great play area, so the girls were quite thrilled with this change in plans. We got to the McDonalds and the minute we stepped out of the van, it began to POUR! We all ran across the parking lot, but ended up getting soaked. Oh well...memories! It made us all giggle, and the girls dried out soon enough as they played.

 

Ella's mommy was sweet to buy all the girls an ice cream treat while we were there!

After we finished playing at McDonalds, we headed to my house to have a picnic lunch on my back porch. The girls thoroughly enjoyed themselves. So in reality, I think Plan B was a lot more fun than Plan A might have been! It just shows that God knows what is best!


No comments: