Friday, May 9, 2014

Butterfly Release Day!


Today we released our butterflies into their natural habitat. :-) They have actually been rather busy butterflies, constantly fluttering all about their pavilion. Definitely the most active butterflies I have had yet! This being the case I thought for sure that the second we opened up the pavilion today, they would take off flying, never to be seen again. Was I ever wrong! The girls opened it up and...nothing. They all just sat there contentedly on their flowers and orange slices, in no hurry to move around. It worked out great though! The girls were able to pick them up, and enjoy watching them fly away in their hands. Some of the butterflies actually stayed put for a little bit, which just made my girls' day! I was able to get some cute pictures. Here are a few of my favorites below...if you would like to view the whole album, you can go here to my Facebook photo album.







No comments: