Monday, September 23, 2013

My "Alumni" Teacher Helpers - Part 1


This year I decided that I could use some "teacher helpers" in the afternoon during lesson review time. The first students I am having help are some of my "alumni" from Kindergarten years gone by. My first year students are now in 6th grade. So hard to believe! Two of my four students are still in EBA.

On Friday, Emaline was my teacher helper. She did a flashcard review with the girls. Each time they got an answer right, they would get to go down the slide. She also supervised the classroom while I did individual flashcard review with the girls in the next room.

 
Today Jordan was my teacher helper. He did a ABC & 123 Bingo game with the girls. He would show them a flashcard, and they would put a marker on their sheet if they could find that letter/number. The first girl to have 4 in a row was the winner. (Congrats, Sarah!) 
 
 
It is such a blessing to still be able to interact with most of my first year students, and watch them throughout their growing up years! Next year they will be in the youth group. *GULP*. That makes me feel old....
 
I was reminiscing this afternoon by looking at pictures from my first year teaching. I couldn't help posting this picture. Sometimes I forget how little they were in Kindergarten!



No comments: