Wednesday, September 15, 2010

And Let the Painting Adventures Begin!


"Are we going to paint today???" has been the question literally EVERY day since the first day of Kindergarten. Because there are so many other activities to do in the classroom, (and paint tends to be a rather messy activity!), I have pushed it off as long as I could. However, today when I was asked the question again, rather than saying, "It's not on the schedule" which was my first thought, I decided to push aside my apprehension and let the kiddos do the painting that they have been looking forward to since day #1. And you know what? It wasn't that bad!!! Painting smocks & shirts on, paint poured, paintbrushes ready, and they were free to explore the wonder of paint.

Unfortunately, there was only about 20 minutes left to the school day, so they could only paint one paper (which is fine!), but I think if they had their way, they would have painted 10!!!

Clean-up was actually a breeze. I *heart* washable paint!!!! 4 quick hand washings in the bathroom, paintbrushes soaking in a pitcher filled with water, table wiped down, painting papers sitting on another table to dry - and wa-la! Life is good. Until the process starts all over again! :-)






Their rather "abstract" masterpieces

No comments: