Sunday, February 21, 2010

With Eager Anticipation


This morning in Sunday School, one of my future Kindergarten students asked me, with wide, hopeful eyes, "Is Kindergarten starting in 3 days??!!" I had to quickly say, "No, you have to wait for a few more months yet." I thought she would be all sad, but instead, she got a big smile on her face and said, "Boy, is that lucky!!" (Obviously, the difference between 3 days and a few months doesn't mean much to her at this point!!)

Later I told her Grandma about it, and discovered the reason why she thought Kindergarten was starting in 3 days. They had told her that Kindergarten would be 3 days a week. :) Gotta love 5-year-old reasoning!

Ah, yes, excitement is mounting (and not just for my future students!). I spent a couple of hours yesterday working on the daily schedule, researching new ideas, and just basically getting excited about teaching Kindergarten again. :)

And it's only February....

No comments: