Saturday, August 20, 2011

Where Did the Summer Go To?


In 2001, my family went to Prince Edward Island on vacation. Such a lovely place! While there, we went to a musical production of Anne of Green Gables, and one of the songs in the musical was entitled, "Where Did the Summer Go To?"

Even though that was 10 years ago now (wow!), we STILL find ourselves singing that song around this time of the year as the summer quickly comes to an end. Where DID the summer go to? It's been quite the busy summer! June was Kindergarten graduation, high school graduation, graduation parties, etc. and so forth. July was filled with Vacation Bible School every Wednesday night, and of course, our NY vacation!! At the end of July I went to a friend's wedding, and just last weekend to another friend's wedding. Quite the wedding season around here, and 2012 will bring even more friends' weddings. Life is changing *happy/sad sniff* :-)

August has simply zoooooooomed on by! It is hard to believe that the new school year starts next Monday already. This year, my schedule doesn't change that much, so the new school year really won't affect me. Weird! Last year at this time I was busy getting ready for Kindergarten. My, how things change.

On August 1st, Alayna officially turned 16. Although the big celebration was back in June, we celebrated her actual birthday with some presents and a cupcake tower.


I wanted to do something special for Alayna for her 16th birthday. My present was simply a card, with a special invitation inside....


Some of you already know what it is, but for the rest of my blog readers, I covered up the card with ?????? because I love to leave people hanging...(although I hate when that happens to me...hmmmmmm). You'll just have to wait till next Saturday to discover what special invitation was in that card!

No comments: