Friday, January 17, 2014

Bad Days & Lemon Juice


Ever have one of those terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days? If you are familiar with this children's book you know that I am talking about...


There are some days I just want to move to Australia!!!
 (you must read the book to understand what I mean :-))

Due to sickness going around, I only had 3 of my girls today in class. In the afternoon, we were going a bit stir crazy in the classroom, so we were invited to join the elementary students in their afternoon activity. First of all, the students listened to the story being read about Alexander and his terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, and then they discussed why his day was so horrible - because of his stinky, grumpy attitude!! Hmmmm...I know I needed an "attitude check" by this point in the day!
 




In the story, one of the things that went wrong for Alexander was that his teacher did not appreciate the "invisible castle" he drew in class. After the story was over, the students were given the opportunity to draw an invisible picture. Did you know that if you write with lemon juice on white paper and then stick it in the oven to heat for a time, your hidden message or picture can be revealed?! The students enjoyed discovering that today!




It was hard to take a good picture of the end result, but my girls enjoyed themselves :-)



No comments: