Monday, October 17, 2011

26 years old? Me?!


Today I turned 26. I don't feel 26, but then again, what are you supposed to feel like when you turn 26? Am I supposed to feel young or old? Mature or immature? Happy or depressed? I've had mixed emotions about turning this age! Some people are shocked when I tell them I am turning 26, because I apparently have one of those "young faces". I guess I'll appreciate that in the future, right?! It's hard to believe that it has been a decade since I turned 16. I know...quite strange of me to think like that, but that is how I roll! :-) Okay...I am over my ramblings...

We celebrated my birthday mostly yesterday in the afternoon with my family. Despite the fact that she had just returned from an exhausting weekend in Washington DC, my Mom still outdid herself by having a scrumptious birthday lunch prepared - chicken cordon bleu and perogie casserole. Mmmmmm!

Normally, I get to peek at my birthday cake beforehand, but this year my Mom was full of secrets. When she came out with this creation, I just have to laugh because it was so not what I was expecting! It was affectionately nicknamed "The Alien Cake." :-)



You can't beat cheesecake dipped in chocolate, sprinkles & coconut!



Obviously, cheesecake pops would not handle candles really well, so my Mom got a musical candle holder that actually played the "Happy Birthday" song while I blew out my one little candle. :-) Oh yes, gotta love it!



Today, on my actual birthday, I was showered with presents, birthday hugs, and many birthday greetings (face-to-face, Facebook, text messages and phone calls) so I feel pretty special! Tomorrow afternoon I am receiving my present from my parents...which involves a fun afternoon and evening with my Mom. I can't wait! I shall post about it afterwards. :-)

1 comment:

Dear Abbi said...

Aww, you're mom is so awesome!! Cheesecake pops are WONDERFUL! So glad you had a great birthday...have fun with the continued celebrations. :)