Tuesday, July 26, 2011

And Let the NY Adventure Begin!


My sister, Alayna, and I just got back from visiting our friend, Elizabeth, in New York for a week. We had so much fun!! Over the next couple of days, I will be blogging about our experiences. Be sure to check back soon! (yes, I know, this blog has been rather silent lately...)

I was a little nervous to be driving 7 hours all by myself for the first time (I am not exactly gifted in the directional sense!), but other than a turn-around on both the trip there and back, everything went smoothly! Between GPS, my Dad's instructional session with the map, making my own color-coded map, and praying a lot, I felt rather confident of making it to my destination in one piece! Alayna did a great job calming me down a couple of times, especially in the beginning. :P



We stopped at Arby's for lunch on the way there.



I was glad Alayna had quick camera reflexes when I shouted "Take the picture!" as we zoomed by the "Welcome to New York" sign :-)


1 comment:

Lil Boo & Koala too! said...

Good for you Becky! I'm glad you went :-)